3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2015 7:24 AM by Chris Michalski

Can I do something with a simulated volume?

Javier Santamaria

Requesting for a flow simulation analysis, I was given a model with just ducts and another model with the simulated volume. Both are given as assemblies. In the simulated volume it is seen some diffusers/grilles that do not appear in the model. Can I do something or carry out any kind of analysis with the simulated volume or should I have the appropriate model with diffusers and grilles?

• Re: Can I do something with a simulated volume?
          Amit Katz

I'm not sure what you mean by a "simulated volume", but the level of detail you need depends on the rigorousness of your study, and the goals of your simulation. What are you looking to get out of your simulation? If it's just pressure drop and flow rates, you might not need every detail. If you need things like fluid mixing and cavitation, then the bends and joints will be pretty important. It's hard to give you an answer when the question is so vague.

• Re: Can I do something with a simulated volume?
              Javier Santamaria

I mean with ''simulated volume'' that I was given the full volume of fluid simulated in one file, this is: imagine a pipe, so I would have received the volume of fluid inside the pipe. In another file, I was given the model wich contains that simulated volume, this would be only the pipe which contains the volume of fluid. It is a bit hard to explain maybe. I am suposed to operate with the model, but I do not know if I can do some kind of simulation with the ''simulated volume''.