4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2015 1:17 PM by Wayne Bird

Drawing view labels SW2015

Benedict Kent

I have found that when I create a projected view and select to have an arrow that I no longer get a drawing view created.

I do for other views types but nothing for projected. I have gone through all the options and made sure create view label is turned on.

The interesting thing is my colleague when he creates a projected view gets a view label.

I have even tried right clicking on a projected view and selecting Add View Label but nothing comes up.

• Re: Drawing view labels SW2015
          Matthew Lorono

Benedict,

I'm not 100% I'm clear about your concerns.  You mention both view labels and arrows.  These are different things.

Add View Label will only add a label if your Document Properties are set to do so.  Additionally, if you only want the view scale to appear, then the rules for all views are the same: a scale will only appear in a view label is that view is a difference scale than the drawing.

• Re: Drawing view labels SW2015
              Benedict Kent

To make it clear.

I have a plan view of a part. I create a projected view, I select Arrow I call it A for example.

I get the arrow pointing at the appropriate side of the part I am projecting the view from. I DO NOT get a view label on the view.

I used to get a view label for the projected view but no longer.

I understand about view scale etc. That isn't the issue. It is why I no longer automatically get a view label for project view, even though I have selected in document properties in options to create labels for new views.

The reason I tried Add View label was to force it to make one, but that doesn't work, I only get a little box showing where it should be.