0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2015 2:06 PM by Thys Coetzee

Transition action types -- Dassault PLEASE add the enumerations where they can be found

Thys Coetzee

I write reports that help me analyze all the elements in my workflow.  Transition action details are a biggie, because there are hundreds of the buggers and going through the transition dialog boxes and actions etc one at a time is mind-numbingly tedious and frustrating.

Like so many other parts of EPDM, there are types associated with the data.  If you manage to somehow find a page with some descriptions on it, it looks something like this:

TypeSelect an action type:

Type-specific options appear at the bottom of the dialog box based on your selection.

Guess what the database shows.  1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 (yup no 4) and it is up to you to connect the numeric type to the descriptions given.  Please -- PLEASE Dassault -- put the numerics or enumeration tables where people can find them.

...and no, there is no Comment type action in the dropdown.  Every (almost) dialog box shows the comment field, making you think every action could get its own comment, but that is not the case.  Oh, and the last Set Variable action gets branded with the Comment action.  The comment thang wasn't in 2014 so my reports showed errors all over the place after our upgrade to 2015.

--Thys

(gets off soap box and goes looking for a calming cocktail...)