AnsweredAssumed Answered

How do I create a "rounded flange" forming tool?

Question asked by Ryan Mongeau on Aug 21, 2015
Latest reply on Aug 21, 2015 by Kenneth Barrentine

One of the standard forming tools in Solidworks is the "rounded flange" tool, which I am to create a few different sizes of. My punch press punches a hole, extrudes it, and then taps the extrusion so that I don't have to insert any hardware. I have watched many different tutorials on this and I just can't get it to work. Does anyone have any knowledge on this?


I have attached what I have drawn. Solidworks keeps trying to put it inside the material rather than on either surface. There is also a picture of what the actual extrusion looks like in a piece of sheet metal just for reference.