Unfortunately, I think this is another great new feature of 2016 that you and I are beta tested for solidworks. I found it while starting a new project, used it extensively, now it get to go back and re mate everything after losing hours of work while on a deadline. I'm sick and tired of being a guinea pig for shit that doesn't work but is released as a functioning tool.
Profile Center Mate automatically center-aligns geometric profiles to each other and fully defines the components.
To create a profile center mate:
- In an assembly document with two rectangular or cylindrical profiles, click Mate .
- In the PropertyManager, under Advanced Mates, click Profile Center .
- For Entities to Mate, select the edges or faces that you want to center-align.
- In the PropertyManager, you can optionally:
- Click twice to close the PropertyManager."