3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2015 7:08 AM by Jim Wilkinson

    Suppressing component error

    Jacob Picolet

      We have a simple assembly

      and suppressed one of the components:

      (Not for sure what the green "L" icon means?)

       

      Upon unsuppressing the component it shows the error icon:

      And once you select the component it shows the warning icon:

      (SolidWorks won't give me a "What's wrong" option)

       

      Notes: This component file was originally saved as an older version(2014), so I saved it and checked it back into the Vault as a 2015 file. The problem still exists and this issue only happens to this specific component of the assembly. A reload of the assembly will bring everything back.

       

      Any ideas are welcome as I have never seen this before.

       

      Thanks,

      JP

      SW & EPDM 2015 SP 3

        • Re: Suppressing component error
          Jim Wilkinson

          Hi Jacob,


          This looks like the system is getting confused over the icons to load into the tree. The L is the marker for library features while the others are obviously the error and warning icons. This can be caused either by system resources issues (I would recommend exiting and restarting SOLIDWORKS and if this does not fix it, rebooting) or in rare cases, We've seen things like this happen with something conflicting with an add-in. I would recommend the troubleshooting steps of exit and restart, then if it is not fixed, reboot and restart, and if that does not fix it, try turning off unnecessary add-ins and restarting SOLIDWORKS to see if it goes away. If it does, turn the add-ins on one by one to see if any specific add-in causes it to happen.


          Post back with the results so others know what has fixed it or if the problem still occurs.


          Thanks,
          Jim

            • Re: Suppressing component error
              Jacob Picolet

              Jim,

               

                   I tried exit and restart, and a reboot.  Neither had any effect and I had very little open so my system resources weren't being taxed. When you referred to Add-Ins I assumed you meant SolidWorks Add-Ins as they can be turned on and off easily. So I turned off all 3 (SW EPDM, SW Composer, and SW Forum) and did a exit and restart of SolidWorks. Same result.

                   What I did find for a fix was to replace the part with a different part and then replace that part with the original part.  Now I'm not sure this was the correct solution as it didn't really find the cause. So I saved a copy of the assembly to try other things on, just not for sure what they should be.

               

              Thanks,

              JP