I'm excited to officially announce that the highly requested Augmented Reality (AR) experience (previously only available for iOS) is now available in the latest update to eDrawings® Pro for Android® on the Google Play store!
Android mobile devices are an increasingly popular method for consuming eDrawings content, and this latest update delivers an exceptional design communication workflow by allowing users to view their designs and concepts in the context of the real world. By understanding the impact of the environment on design choices, AR enables our users and their customers to make better decisions throughout the lifecycle of their products
All you need is to print out an AR Marker from the app and you should be ready to go. I have attached the Marker to this post for easy access along with a demo video to see how the experience works on any device. Let us know what you think.
Also take a look at this great post from Desktop Engineering recently discussing augmented reality and how our users are already using this tool to set them apart with how they create and collaborate with their designs:
Great read on all things augmented reality. Hope you enjoy!
eDrawings is available for Windows, Mac, iOS and Android devices allowing users to view native eDrawings files, geometry and simulation results, as well as native SolidWorks® parts, assemblies, and drawings files.
Key features include:
- Intuitive and easy-to-use user interface
- Open 3D (EASM, EPRT, SLDASM, SLDPRT), 2D (EDRW, SLDDRW) and associated files from any source including email attachments, cloud storage services (Dropbox™, SkyDrive®, Google Drive, Hightail®, and others), web and FTP sites, and network folders.
- Zoom, pan, and rotate your 2D or 3D CAD data using multi-touch
- Animate 3D standard views
- Browse your 2D drawing sheets
- View your designs in full screen and double tap to fit it on the screen
- Includes sample files
For more information, visit