6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2015 12:53 PM by Carlos Woolfolk

sw15 dont get units management

Carlos Woolfolk

Hello

I just upgrade to  sw15 since i couldnt got into win 10 i got back to win 8.1. Now i dont have units options. Do i have to reinstall ?

Thanks in advance

• Re: sw15 dont get units management
          Jim Wilkinson

Hi Carlos,

Can you be more specific in what you mean about not having units options? Units are stored in the part, drawing and assembly templates so if you already have templates, the units will come from those documents. You can change the units in Tools, Options, Document Properties or through the status bar in the lower right corner (which will link to the Tools, Options dialog if you choose Edit Document Units there. If you want to change the units in your document templates, open the specific template you want to change, change the units through Tools, Options or the status bar and then save the template again.

If you are talking about the prompt that you get the first time you start the software, that is only shown once per user the first time you ever start SOLIDWORKS. You enter the units and drafting standard and it is used to create your first templates. It is then stored in the registry so if it ever needs to create new templates again, it will use the same units and standard you chose the first time. And as I stated above, if you decide to change that later, simply change and save the templates.

I hope this helps,

Jim

Carlos Woolfolk

Hello Jim

Thanks for answer

It is in tools options where i can´t see the units option neither in lower right of a document . (I can´t see anything  at all in the lower bar ). I already restored  the templates files but nothing hapens units reminds in inches. How can I reinstall or repair sw ?  Thanks in advance .. rgd

Jim Wilkinson

Hi Carlos,

Do you have a document open? You won't be able to get to Units if no document is open because the units are specific to the document that is open. If you continue to have trouble, please post a screenshot of your SOLIDWORKS session with the options dialog open since I have never heard of this problem before.

Thanks,

Jim

Carlos Woolfolk

In document options tool you see units but cant change them. In bottom of document yo dont see anything ..rgs

Jim Wilkinson

Hi Carlos,

You don't see the unit options in the bottom right corner because you have the status bar turned off. Go to View, Status Bar to turn it back on if desired.

In the options dialog, in the top section, you have units set to IPS so you are controlling it by a system (except for dual dimension and angle which is not controlled by the system). Switch the unit system to custom at the top of the dialog and you will have full control over setting all the different unit types separately.

I hope this helps,

Jim

Carlos Woolfolk

Thanks a lot !!! Reseting templates and doing what you just said  say  It is already working Best regards