2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2015 1:20 PM by Rick McDonald

Impact Metrics - what do they really mean ?

Rick McDonald

One of my posts has the "Impact Metrics"  shown on the right side of the page.

What does this really mean?

There is a line for Global Reach - Is this how many countries people have responded from, or a percentage of the responses that come from outside the authors country, or what?

And the bigger questions are for the Impact and Sentiment:

My post probably has 98% of the responses that feel negative about the subject (dislike what is happening and responding how they dislike it) Yet the Sentiment is "Neutral 0"

The Impact is 73 - what is this?

there are no buttons to hit to select if the peoples response posts are positive or negative or neutral.

There is only a "Like" button on the bottom of each post that a person can click to indicate they like (or agree) with that post. Not if they think the subject is a positive or negative.

My post that this relates to is something that most responses agree that they dislike what this subject (SW subscription policy) is about, Yet if I was to just look at the Metrics, and not read the individual posts I would feel that 50% are in favor of the policy and 50% are not (or don't care).

The reality is about 98% are Not in favor.

How are these numbers set and who sets them?