3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2015 11:12 AM by Francis Harvey

Remove Enterprise PDM Addin using API

Francis Harvey

Hi,

I'm trying to use the API to install my addin automatically,

2015 SOLIDWORKS API Help - Install Add-in Example (VB.NET)

AddinMgr.AddAddIns(fileList, EdmAddAddInFlags.EdmAddin_AddAllFilesToOneAddIn Or EdmAddAddInFlags.EdmAddin_ReplaceDuplicates, Nothing)

if the addin is already there, I assume EdmAddAddInFlags.EdmAddin_ReplaceDuplicates will overwrite it,

But how can I remove my addin?

There is no Remove method, only the AddinMgr.RemoveDebugAddIn...

Thanks

Francis Harvey

• Re: Remove Enterprise PDM Addin using API
          Francis Harvey

It seems the method always fails when using EdmAddAddInFlags.EdmAddin_ReplaceDuplicates,

Removing the flag give me an exception when the addin is already there.

If I delete the addin using pdm administration, it is re-added without issue.

What else should I try?

Thanks

• Re: Remove Enterprise PDM Addin using API
            Francis Harvey

I got an answer from support,

The EdmAddAddInFlags.EdmAddin_ReplaceDuplicates functionality is broken,

and the RemoveAddin method doesn't exist yet.

Here's 2 SPR about the issue:

SPR 907044 – Need API for adding files to installed add-ins and removing or replacing files that are already part of an installed add-in (IEdmAddInMgrX)

SPR 830144 – Need API for removing files from an add-in or remove an add-in entirely

ha

Daniel Seaman from support has confirmed that the only workaround is to remove the addin with PDM Administration.

His answer about the timeframe:

I can’t really give you an indication of when these issues are likely to be resolved. They would be most likely be resolved as part of a major release though and that would be SW2017 at the very earliest.

I hope it will be resolved before 2017...

Thanks a lot for your help

Francis Harvey