7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2015 9:26 AM by Lingesh Sangur

Hiding layout lines in drawing

Lingesh Sangur

Hi,

I have a drawing in which detail view was small and unnecessary part was taking more space.So i converted the detail view into sketch and removed unwanted lines and increased the scale.But now these layout lines of that sketch appearing and makes it look messy..How can i hide these lines? Is there any other way for detail view so that only required part is seen and detail view annotation is also reasonable in size?

Capture.JPG

• Re: Hiding layout lines in drawing
          Jamie Barber

A detail view defaults to a circle, if you sketch the closed shape that you want and with the sketch selected you can use that to form your detail view, which will reduce the 'size' of the detail down to what you actual want rather than a circle, this will reduce down the detail views to a more manageable size for your drawing. something like a spline or an ellipse might reduce unneccesary geometry around the geometry you actually want

detail view.JPG

above you can see I drew a rectangle around the geometry I was interested in and with this selected clicked "detail view" leaving me with a much smaller and non circular detail section

Hope this helps

Lingesh Sangur

But that annotation of detail view is too small to see and increasing that will increase the detail view which i dont want. i want detail annotation to be 'good' in size and detail view as required.

Capture.JPG

Jamie Barber

herein lies an issue with a detail view where the detail view is intended to show the detail within the circle, you can limit what it shows down to some degree by using a different shape but if you increase the size of the circle this is linked to what is shown so that will also increase, that goes away from the purpose of a detail view so you might find it easier to create use a cropped view (of just that tiny element of the model at a much bigger  scale) instead and manually annotate it as a detail view.

Capture.JPG

to create this I created a copy of the view, cropped down to the section I wanted to see, then upped the scale, I then created a detail view with a circle the size I wanted and placed it on the drawing, I then deleted the detail view, unchecked "delete child features" which allowed me to delete the view but not the detail circle, leaving the detail circle but not the detail view. I then annotated the crop view to appear as a detail, its a bit scruffy and a mess about but it does seem to work.

Regards

Jamie

Lingesh Sangur

Thanks Jamie Barber..Yes,as you said crop method works fine...Thanks for that..

Bill Beam

Langesh

I completely misunderstood what you were asking, you wanted a small detail circle with a large annotation letter identifying it.  You can still accomplish that with basically the same thing I explained above.  If you select the detail circle and change the style of the circle to "With Leader" you can then uncheck the "Document font" box and click the "Font" button and set the annotation style to whatever size you want with out changing the size of the detail circle.

Lingesh Sangur

Hi Bill Beam,

What i wanted is both that detail circle and annotation reasonable in size so that it can be seen easily,not too bigger. Yes you are right,we can change the font,but if we increase the detail circle,the associated detail view also increase thus more unwanted space will occupy the whole sheet while i wanted only little portion of that. So only way is crop method as explained by Jamie..