5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2015 11:32 AM by Haley Swartz

Search within a specified date range per variable

Haley Swartz

I am trying to create a search card specifically for customer feedback forms that has the capability to search for certain variables (ie. Customer number) on forms with a feedback date between a specifiable date range. After research, I have not been able to find a method to do this. I was wondering if perhaps no one has tried (successfully), or if it is too complex for epdm to manage yet. Any help is appreciated!

• Re: Search within a specified date range per variable
          Haley Swartz

I should note that I tried the Variable Search Card control, but was unsuccessful in getting any results

• Re: Search within a specified date range per variable
            Brian McEwen

Starting with the default Complete Search (customizing it is a good idea) - then the Version Data tab will give you a date range. This is the date it was last checked-in.

... Provided that "Search in All Versions" is turned off. If that is on then it will get a lot more files (probably going back to the date a file was originally created). I'm not entirely clear on how it works if that is on. Probably set a Default so this is off.

Use the Card Editor on the Complete search and you can see how the fields are set up, and what variables they are searching.

To search a certain variable it must be on the data cards (unless you set up Indexing, then Content Search tab can work). Start with one variable and see if you can get it to work.