7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2015 12:11 PM by Miguel Abad

Solidworks 2015 SP4 on windows 10

Habib Ghalamkari

I'm trying to install Solidworks 2015 SP4 on a clean install of windows enterprise 10.

But the install process shows the following error at 2% completion.

Internal Error: The windows installer for this product component did not run as expected: set_QuiteModeActions

Any way to install solidworks 2015 on a win 10?

any kind of advice is appreciated.

• Re: Solidworks 2015 SP4 on windows 10
          Ron Chappell

Hi,

Try the following.

1. Log onto your PC as the local administrator not a user with admin rights.

2. Follow the instructions below to turn off the problems being experienced in earlier versions of Windows

a. Click 'Start', click 'Run', type "regedit" in the 'Open' box, and then click 'OK'.

b. Locate and click the following subkey in the registry:   HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer

Note: If this subkey does not exist, create it.

c. In the 'Edi't menu, point to 'New', and then click 'DWORD Value'.

d. For the DWORD name, type "RemappedElevatedProxiesPolicy", and then press 'Enter'.

e. Right-click "RemappedElevatedProxiesPolicy", and then click 'Modify'.

f. In the 'Value' data box, type 1, and then click 'OK'.

g. Install SolidWorks.

h. After the application installs successfully, reset the 'RemappedElevatedProxiesPolicy' DWORD value to "0" to re-enable the security fix     for KB 3072630.

Hopefully this will have the desired effect, it did for me..

Be aware that the 2015 SP4 version is not supported for use with Windows 10 you may want to wait for SP5

• Re: Solidworks 2015 SP4 on windows 10
            Miguel Abad

I've installed w10pro from w7pro. The solidworks 2013, which was working with w7, now is working better with w10. I have a DELL m4600 Precision. I would like to know more reports from someone else who is testing it.