If you are having this problem, try this...
- Go to the Start Menu folder, which is normally here...
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\SOLIDWORKS 2015
- or right-click the icon on the Start menu and click 'Open file location'
- Right-click the 'SolidWorks 2015 x64 Edition' icon and click 'Properties'
- Go to the 'Compatibility' tab and click the tick box 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:' and in the drop-down box select 'Windows 8' and then 'OK'.
- 'Open file' and 'Save As' should now work as normal.
Also note, if you launch SolidWorks from Windows Explorer, it will then use the main SLDWORKS.exe which you would also have to set to Windows 8 compatibility mode. This
programme is normally located here: -
C:\Program Files\SOLIDWORKS Corp\SOLIDWORKS
This tip was found here...