HOW CAN I SHOW THE GLOBAL COORDINATE SYSTEM IN A DRAWING VIEW?
Does View -> Origins get you what you want?
As Robert says, it does not show in a drawing.
I don't think you can on a drawing (I'm happy to be shown otherwise). Do you want to dimension to it, just show it, or just know where it is?
I would like to show it in the drawing so that I can refer to a particular direction in one of the drawing notes where there is confusion. I think AutoCAD normally has the coordinate symbol shown, if I remember. I don't know why that wouldn't be an easy thing to turn on in SW.
An option might be to create a coordinate system part with arrows in the X-Y-Z directions and add this part to your drawing.
Take a look at this Re: Direction arrow and in particular Charles Culp's answer about adding Fore/Aft direction arrows in drawings.
That sounds like an interesting idea. I actually resorted to making a sketch of the coordinate system and making it a Block, but I like your idea too.
Using solid geometry to create annotations, that's certainly thinking outside the box.
I'm not sure if I really understand your question but...If all your after is directional arrows in a 2d view you might try inserting a hole callout table and just hide the table.
My former co-worker Fred C. gave me the answer I was looking for. Here's how to do it (with some additional details I have added):
1. Place a Point in the 3D model at a suitable location for the "cardinal" with regard to your 2D view.
2. Create a coordinate system from the Reference Geometry tool using the previously-created Point as the origin.
3. Adjust orientation of your axes as needed.
4. Unless you want a label for the cardinal (coordinate system), replace the default name with a space in the Properties dialogue box.
5. Create the drawing and activate Coordinate Systems under the View menu, and voila!
I neglected a couple of steps after step one.
a) Go to the View menu, Hide/Show, and select Sketches (Points alone doesn't work) if not already showing.
b) Escape Sketch mode and enter Assembly mode (click on Assembly tab).
Maybe this helps you Unable to save Reference Coordinate System to PDF
Retrieving data ...