7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2007 8:17 PM by Dan Riffell

Custom Toolbars and Menus

Robert Chivers
      I'm a little confused, hope some one can help.

How do you create a new toolbar or menu????. All i want to do isplace a number of Macros under one toolbar or drop down menu. Ithink I figured out how to put a macro under a button but when doyou put the button then???

Cheers
        • Custom Toolbars and Menus
          Jorn Bjarning

Originally posted by: Robert ChiversHow do youcreate a new toolbar or menu????. All i want to do is place anumber of Macros under one toolbar or drop down menu. I think Ifigured out how to put a macro under a button but when do you putthe button then??? Cheers

Robert,
          It's sad but you cannot create your own menu or toolbar in SW usingCustomize. Can only be done if you create your own addin to SW.

Macro buttons can only be added to existing SW toolbars - forexample the Macro toolbar. Macros can be added to one of the(existing) drop down menus using Customize/Menus. It's a bit trickyand the result is not very nice.
            Eddie Cyganik
            Robert,

I know that it seems as if nobody likes the Command Manager, however, you can add a new tab with whatever name you'd like and then populate it with SW command.
            RMB on the Command Manager and choose "Customize Command Manager", select your new tab, go to the commands tab, then Macros and finally, drag the desired icons to your tab.

I did a test, created a tab with several items including the all of the macro commands, then I added a new macro button w/icon and it worked!
                Dan Riffell
                A crappy work around would be to pick a toolbar that you will neveruse (Layer, DimXpert, Web, etc.) and drag commands on and off of itusing Customize/Commands.  Kinda hokey, but it will work. I agree that we shouldn't have to resort to such trickery,but nobody asked us did they?