1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 24, 2015 3:14 PM by Jeff Sweeney

Question on Impacts between several archive server after executing ArcServCreator32.exe

Chihchieh Chan

Hi, Everyone

I tried to duplicate a replicated vault from my environment.

And I found this post

https://forum.solidworks.com/message/293357#293357

As mentioned in the discussion stack I found this attachment called "Setting Up Duplicate Copy of File Vault.pdf", there is a application called " ArcServCreator32.exe". I executed this application in my environment where several replicated archive servers. Then I restarted archive service. Services are not able to start timely.

Could anyone share your idea about this situation?

• Re: Question on Impacts between several archive server after executing ArcServCreator32.exe
          Jeff Sweeney

This question may be bit out of range for the forum.

I'm not a fan of the ArchServCreator tool, it sets things up okay but usually there are several registry settings you need to do afterwards, and of course if you miss one, debugging is a hassle.

I personally like using the new vault wizard, but I have to admit even with it there are some registry changes you need to make, but IMHO a few less and a bit more obvious.

So to answer your question, my first guess is you have some registry settings that aren't quite right. I'd start there, maybe better to get your VAR involved if you aren't comfortable making registry setting changes.