1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 23, 2015 8:05 AM by Jim Sculley

Revision Column displaying updated Version number instead of Rev upon part check in

Kyle Chang

I've been working on getting workflows to work properly and I noticed this glitch. I'll check out a part, modify and save. Then when I check it back in, the Revision column in my Windows Explorer vault view will now display the updated version number. The data card for the part also displays this version number. It's only the next rev roll that the Revision column displays the newly updated revision.  Part history lists the correct versions and rev's.  Has anyone else seen this or know what's going on?

• Re: Revision Column displaying updated Version number instead of Rev upon part check in
          Jim Sculley

It is impossible to determine what is going on without more information.  What are the settings for the Column View you are using and what is the field on the data card linked to?

There is currently no way to directly show the file revision in Windows Explorer.  You can only show the version number.  Typically, you would set up a variable that you keep synchronized with the file revision via transition actions in the workflow.  Perhaps that has not been set up properly in your workflow.

Jim S.