AnsweredAssumed Answered

Circular Slot

Question asked by Paul Mark on Jul 16, 2015
Latest reply on Jul 16, 2015 by John Stoltzfus

Hello!

I am having issues with a circular slot. Specifically, when i dimension the arc subtended by the slot, and then attempt to divide it by 2 or more, Solidworks gives me an error. So if the slot starts off subtending 80° and I want to set it to be 40° (for instance for a design study where it is going parameter-by-parameter), it says "Warning Sketch2   The sketch has not been updated because solving it would result in invalid geometry (such as a zero-length line).  Consider :      o Deleting the invalid geometry.      o Changing relations or dimensions to eliminate the invalid geometry." This seems patently rediculous to me, which generally means I am missing something. I can find no work-around as of yet. I have tried defining the slot using both circular slot definitions and they both produce the error.

I have attached a dummy solidworks part file which incorporates this issue. The dimension currently set to 80°, if one tries to set it to 40°, it causes this error. I am running Solidworks 2014 SP0.0

Thanks so much for your time!

Attachments

Outcomes