Been attempting to validate simulation results against hand calculations, have been a hit and miss.
It seems the simulation results is somewhat similar with hand calculations when a test specimen with short span length is used.
Increasing the span length 10 times and the results from simulation doesn't tally with calculations.
Does anyone have similar occurrence?
Please critique my simulation setup and findings below:
1) Formula used: Taken from engineersedge
2) 2nd Moment of Area: Taken at, Lxx = 35.815316cm^4
SPAN of 600mm
3) Simulation Results: Average of 20.743 MPa
Hand Calculation: 21.51MPa
4) Simulation Results: Displacement in Y Direction Average of 0.077587mm
Hand Calculation: 0.07813mm
SPAN of 6000mm
5) Simulation Results: Average of 108.38 MPa
Hand Calculation: 215.10MPa
6) Simulation Results: Displacement in Y Direction Average of 25.663mm
Hand Calculation: 78.125mm