4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 8, 2015 11:24 AM by Paul Salvador

Split line on multiple faces is not flush

Thomas Reynolds

Hello all. I've been drawing up a fan manifold using surfaces. I haven't had much experience with surfaces thus far, so this has proven to be quite the learning experience.

Anyway, I've hit a brick wall with this specific problem. I'm trying to use a split line and then delete face to remove some intersecting faces and then knit all of my surfaces together to create a solid. If I use the check tool, it tells me that I have short edges where the interior surface loft (red) meets the interior surface torus (red). If you zoom all the way in on these, you can see that there are some miniscule extra edges where there shouldn't be. All three of the faces that I'm trying to bisect are using the same plane (plane 3) as the split line, so I have no clue as to how this could happen. I had already gotten this object to become a solid once before, and then I changed some dimensions around in the revolve feature and now I am unable.

Any insight into why this is happening would be greatly appreciated, as well any suggestions for doing what I'm trying to do in a better way (as I'm sure there are many). The file is SW2014.