2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2015 12:51 PM by Andrew Dorscheid

cut plot boolean operations failed

Andrew Dorscheid

Hello,

I'm trying to do a simple flow simulation of air going through a nozzle.  I've done this 20+ times but for some reason now when I try to do a cut plot in the top plane to show the temperature of the air, it says that the boolean operations failed and the cut plot will not generate.  Anyone know how to fix this issue?

• Re: cut plot boolean operations failed
          Andrew Dorscheid

I should also add that I just did this same plot 5 mins ago with 3 others before this issue, and now just did another after experiencing the issue on two parts, so for some reason it is only effecting those two parts but none of the others.  The only difference in the parts is the loft - It is lofted from the same inlet to different outlets

• Re: cut plot boolean operations failed
            Andrew Dorscheid

Ok I figured it out, I'll leave this discussion up though.  For some reason Solidworks does not like Fillets around the inlet.  It happened on both of these instances with the cut plot not working and has also made it so flow simulation doesn't recognize the fluid in earlier parts i've simulated on.  Not sure why this happens but as soon as I get rid of the fillet on the inlet it works.  The outlet is always Filleted and it works fine each time.  Thought I'd share.