- Is the detail your talking about basically just notes or section details or what?
- Are the assemblies typical in design, but variable dimensions?
- Are the assemblies typical in dimensions, but have added features?
- If the detail is typical through out most of your drawings, would you be able to create a dummy part to cover all the detail, if you could then you could also create a special drawing template and add Custom Property details?
- Would it work for you to do a Pack & Go?
1 person found this helpful
As I was trying to type out a response better explaining what I was trying to do, I think I figured out a solution.
I was trying to cut & paste the details before. Sometimes that worked, others I got errors.
I tried cutting the whole tab from drawing 'a' & pasting it into drawing 'b'. It has worked so far without any errors. And the way we have the title info set up on each sheet the title block info is automatically changing the that of the final drawing file. And my sheet numbers are updating correctly.
So I think if I set up a standard details folder with the parts and assemblies I can create a drawing file that has all the standard details for each system. Then as a projects drawing file calls for a standard detail I can cut & paste that tab with the detail.
I'm glad you asked those questions, it got me thinking in a different way. Thanks.