Okay, once again I downloaded the latest version of a software & hope to see at least something get fixed, (try again later)
How is everyone liking the new edrawing interface? Anyone having any issues????
I do like the new look, but I can't get over some of the lost of functionality:
There are (2) items that really are the biggest issue:
- Selection issues
When 1st opening an edrawing there are no issues selecting an item on the screen, but as you select more & more items something occurs where you start selecting thru items & picking stuff behind your intended detail.
- Annotations & 3D views
When using 3D views / annotations there are occurrences where the annotations will not show up until the screen is rotated.
There are some other bugs that I consider minor but I would still like them fixed:
- - Component tree not in the proper order as SWX model (this is hit or miss)
- - Component tree not full screen
- - HLR edges not visible once a part is hidden & shown
- - View normal to surface now hidden in section tool
- - Cannot not hide annotations as we did in 2014
- - Annotations cannot be hidden when saving / opening an edrawing – all must be visible
- - Cannot rotate a detail along an axis that is not square to grid
- - Section views can only be dragged from the plane; different than the 2014 format
- - Cannot tack any of the new tabs, ex. can’t measure & open component tree
- - Configuration tabs hidden or not as easy to use as previous version
I will admit that some items have been fixed:
- - Measure command only working once
- - Selection of part not showing in component tree
- - Selection of part in sub assembly does not scroll down in component tree
- - ID flags were not present
Some people would say I bitch too much on the forums, but all I am trying to do is get my & yours software as good as possible.
We pay a small fortune is annual subscription fees & I expect to get improvements & results
The squeaky wheel gets the grease & if you don't tell anyone things will never get fixed
SP0.0 you will see issues, SP1.0 most things should be addressed, SP4.0 & we are still dealing with this stuff?