4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2015 5:50 PM by Ryan Vovk

Improve curve quality setting?

Ryan Vovk

Hello all, does this setting improve the curve quality on your drawings and/or models?  I check it when I'm working with my drawings because I though it made the curve lines a little smoother, but it might just be my imagination.  Anyway, if it is supposed to do that, why does it keep getting unchecked when I reopen my files?  I know it is checked when it is saved, on both the model and drawing.

Thanks,

Ryan

• Re: Improve curve quality setting?
          John Stoltzfus

Because you need to save the setting in your drawing template file and drawing format file....

After you do that you won't need to change it again, unless you want to.

Ryan Vovk

This didn't work so I attached screen shots of my settings.  Maybe i have something selected that overrides this setting.

System Options.PNGImage Quality.PNG

John Stoltzfus

I understand your settings -

What you need to do is open up a "New" Assembly Template, Part Template and Drawing Template,  in each of those templates you need to change your settings and re-save the Template file - The drawing file you save it as a Template and you also need to save your sheet format, located, file/save as format

If you templates are not changed then every time you open a new document, you would need to go to tools/options/system options and document properties and change the settings, again you need to make the changes in every template and then save them as templates - then your good to go..

Ryan Vovk

1) Is this specific to assemblies?

2) Can this be set to our general model (new) & drawing templates (which would be A size & B size) we use, or does it have to be tied to a specific part & drawing template? (As in save my current project (model and drawing) as a template?

• Guess what I’m trying to do is make all the general templates have this, instead of job specific.

I thought I saw a post about running the Solidworks Rx, but it must have got deleted, but all is good there.  Just thought I would throw that in there.

Solidworks Rx.PNG