3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2015 12:08 PM by Tony Cantrell

View Cube Iso

Steven Fraser

Hey guys,

I recently changed company and hence a new Solidworks seat. At my old job when I hit space bar it would bring up the view cube and automatically orientate the model to Isometric. Now, at my new job, its bringing up the view cube but it uses whatever orientation i'm currently viewing.

I liked the Auto-Iso version better, particularly with highly symmetrical models where its hard to define front from right, left, back etc I could just hit space and I would be able to quickly identify front view and re-orientate myself.

Is there a setting to make the view cube Auto-Rotate to isometric when i hit space bar?

Thanks all

• Re: View Cube Iso
          R. Vignesh

Hello,

Yes you can do that.

Go to Customize>KeyBoard>Serach for Isometric view & set your shortcut key to Space Bar.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Thanks & Regards,

R.Vignesh

• Re: View Cube Iso
            Tom Spine

When the View Selector was first introduced, in SOLIDWORKS 2013, it worked as you describe, Steven. It would zoom and rotate the model into an isometric view when displaying the View Selector cube. As a result of feedback, we make a change in SOLIDWORKS 2015 to keep the model's orientation, and only zoom the model so that the View Selector cube can be displayed around it. I'm afraid we do not have a setting to let you choose the old behavior versus the new. That's certainly worthy of considering as an enhancement request, thought.

Assuming you actually do want the View Selector cube, and not just orienting the model, right now you would have to do something like Ctrl+7 followed immediately by Spacebar to get the same effect. Ctrl+7 is the default keyboard shortcut for Isometric, and Spacebar would then give you the Orientation dialog and View Selector cube.

--Tom