3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2015 2:33 AM by Julio Cesar Silva

thicken surface

Julio Cesar Silva

Hi there, I just started learning surfaces and already have a question... I'm trying to design a boat, have a hull modeled but can't thicken to the fiberglass thickness.. I don't know what to do.. anyone there would guide me?

• Re: thicken surface
          Ingvar Magnusson

I'M only on my mobile phone now, opened up your part in edrawings to have a look at it. Do not know why it is not thickening therefore.

One idea for you: I have sometimes scaled surfaces down ( e.g. by 0,1) that were not thickening and sometimes when I do that it works. Than I only need to scale em back up.

Hope this helps.

Paul Salvador

Julio, see attached... the problem is with the converging surfaces and the singularity.. that point will not offset outward any further.. although they can inward but, not with the surface offset.. to workaround is to create a solid (cap the top) and shell at your thickness (3mm?). singularity.pngsingularity-b.png

Julio Cesar Silva

Will try it, but my intent is to be able to flatten the surfaces for plywood cut... This model is only for experiment as 90% of my work is sheet metal, but surfacing will improve a lot on some of them like a tug boat wheel house that I will be working next week. Experiment with new shapes, for me, on sheet metal.