2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2015 11:01 AM by Eric Henderson

SolidWorks Electrical Routing Help Needed

Shawn Heeter

I'm trying to create an electrical route - something I've done many times. This time, when I create the route it creates a subassembly of the cable but it does not create a part file. I cannot select any faces on the route. I've also tried opening up the subassembly, which displays correctly but I still can't click on any of the electrical cables that were created. When I remove hidden lines on the assembly file, the assembly completely dissappears - like it's not even there. This makes sense, since no part file is being created. It's almost as if the route is creating faces only. Un-selectable faces. I'm using SW2013 and just switched companies, so my setup is a little different - I never had this issue with my old company. They used the same version of SolidWorks.

Hoping someone out there has experienced this issue before, I'd like to change the color of the route that I created but I can't because of this issue. I've included an attachment of the part I created. I included the design tree, so you can see the absence of a part file creation.