3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2015 1:00 PM by Andrei Popov

Question on grayscale section plot

James Lee

Hi Guys,

I need some help regarding section plot.

As you can see from below picture, the maximum value is not shown in white as what the color legend shows.

Anybody know why this is happening?

section plot.png

• Re: Question on grayscale section plot
          Andrei Popov

Because it is just a very small point, that maxim stress is only in one element.

If you want to see more white elements go to the Edit definition of the stress plot and in the Settings tab you have the Color scheme, you can change to Custom and you can add more colors or more white colors in the scheme like : White, White White, Black so that you have White colors all the positive values and Black the negative values, or any other combination, if you like you can have a zebra stripe.

James Lee

Hi Andrei,

I followed your advise to add more white colors but it is still showing gray as shown below. Any advise?

screenshot.JPG

Andrei Popov

Oh I see, this is another bug of Solidworks, the white color is actually the grey on the part. For some reason unknown to me Solidworks is mixing the colors of the part which is grey with the colors of the scale, so even if you would have a color scale the actual colors on the part would be grayed (shaded to black). So I couldn't figure out a way to make the part be completely white so that the colors of the scale to have same colors on the part. Maybe someone with more experience or even the guys from Solidworks would give you a solution or an explanation.