1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 16, 2015 11:02 AM by Glenn Schroeder

why do some assemblies become unsuppressed on their own

Austin Blair

I am working on a model in large assembly mode, everything is nice and defined, when I go into the drawings I look at the tree and there is a lot of over defined marks.  I re-open the model and notice that one of the suppressed assemblies has become unsuppressed and is conflicting with some of the other assemblies.  This happens several times during a job and I'm wondering why assemblies become unsuppressed on their own?  If I delete the assembly in question that works but I am trying to avoid doing that as I may need to re-use this file later for another job.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• Re: why do some assemblies become unsuppressed on their own
          Glenn Schroeder

I don't know why it's doing that, but I'll try to help.  I see two options (there may be others).

1.  Create a second configuration of the main assembly.  Have one with this sub-assembly suppressed, and the other with the conflicting component(s) suppressed.  Then use the correct configuration in the drawing.

2.  Pack and Go the assembly to another location, along with all it's dependent files.  Save this for your other project.  Delete the offending sub-assembly in your original main assembly.