6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2015 3:25 PM by Todd Barr

File is in wrong state - NO WARNINGS SET

Frederic Hodshon

I have created an Assembly with 2 parts.

These have been pushed through the 1st two states of my workflow:

0.JPG

i created a drawing with this assembly, it is saved, checked in and at the initial state:

v.JPG

when i try to change the state of the drawing, i get this:

2.JPG

here are the group warning settings:

3.JPG

what the ...?

any help is appreciated.

fred

• Re: File is in wrong state - NO WARNINGS SET
          Jeremy Feist

check user level settings for the warnings

Frederic Hodshon

no user warnings selected:

w.JPG

really at a loss on this one.

Jim Stone

I think this is normal and correct, if I understand you correctly. You pushed the models through two states in your workflow and then created the drawing, so the drawing needs to catch up. When you change state on the drawing, the models can't follow in that state change because they've already made that change, so they don't meet the conditions required for the state change. Your files need to be at Eng Concept - Initial State to go to Eng Pending Approval. But the models are already at QMS Approved, so they can't go to Eng Pending Approval. Once the drawing gets to QMS Approved, everything will be back in sync the way they should be.

Best practice is usually to move the drawing and all of its model files through workflow at the same time so that everything stays in sync. If for some reason one of the files is pushed through separately, then you will get these warnings. They're not really errors, they're just telling you that certain files won't be going along for the ride in this state change and they shouldn't be).

Frederic Hodshon

sometimes a new drawing is created with existing part and assemblies.

what finally worked... was:

since all the warning were UNSELECTED... i went ahead and SELECT ALL WARNINGS for ALL  USERS.

clicked ok.

went back and UNSELECTED ALL THE WARNINGS for ALL USERS.

i can now move the drawing through the transition to the new state.

kind of a crappy fix, but it worked.

Jim Stone

Sorry for not  fully understanding your original post. I blame low caffeine levels.

It's as though you belong to a group that had the warnings checked off but then somehow unchecked them by checking then unchecking them for ALL USERS. Unless you managed to get a group within the ALL USERS group, that doesn't make sense. I'm trying to create conditions that would duplicate what you had and haven't been able to.

Todd Barr

Looks like this screen shot is showing the user cannot (stop sign) Change State due to another Group setting(s). By selecting ALL USERS and changing the Stop Signs to Alerts you overrode the Stop Signs on the Group in the screenshot.