This seems like it should be easy, and I find it hard to believe there is no way to do this as it should be simple/basic functionality, but I'm struggling here.
- I have a template card. On the template card is an edit box. The edit box is tied to variable T_Score. The value comes from an input formula which generates a number based on which of a group of checkboxes on the template card are selected by the user.
- The file card for the new file that is created by this template also has an edit box. It is tied to variable F_Score.
- Lastly, I've created a template variable called TEMP_Score.
What I need, is to copy T_Score (result of the input formula) to F_Score.
Problem I'm having, is there doesn't seem to be any way to copy T_Score to TEMP_Score.
It appears I can only populate TEMP_Score using the following options:
- Environment variable (can't copy from a data card "X2" variable)
- Format string (I actually tried copying the input formula here - it crashes windows explorer. Repeatably. And it doesn't actually populate the variable with the score.)
- Name of logged in user (nope)
- Prompt the user (nope)
- Serial number (nope)
So to reiterate, what I need is a way to populate the TEMP_Score template variable from the data card (X2) variable T_Score.
How can I do this?
It seems like it should be simple, but I'm not seeing how I can do it???
Message was edited by: Steve Soeder Edited for clarity.