I haven't really paid a lot of attention to the Angle Mate - Reference Entity option because I haven't had to use angle mates lately. I just had a mate flip, so I apparently need to start utilizing it. My problem is, I can not get it to auto-recognize the reference entity although I meet all the conditions listed in help.
I attached the file set (SW2015):
- There are 2 assemblies (_Test Assy yes and _Test Assy no)
- Both were completely new assemblies when I made them (did NOT file-save as)
- Both are constructed identically
- One works. One does not.
If you are interested in assisting, please do the following.
- Open File: _TEST ASSY yes
- Use the top plane of the assembly and the front plane of the pipe (pic attached) and apply an angle mate.
- Click the Reference Entity Autofill Icon.
- MAGIC.... It finds one.
- (edit) DO NOT SAVE for use in next post
- Now open file: _TEST ASSY no which is 100% identical (this is what is happening in the actual file I need it on)
- Repeat steps 2 & 3
- In this file, it is unable to detect the entity on its own.
Is there something I am missing by any chance?
If I am not missing anything I will explain what I did to the "no" file for it to fail. I just don't know the reasoning...