Try open the drawing template, adjust it there. Save the template and check if that works. Have not tried it though in this scenario.
Hi Zach ,
Try these Scenarios :
1. If you don't want to shows As Separate Tool bar like above, You can just pull the top most End of the property manager and drop it towards Feature Manager Design Tree, So that it will fit its size.
2. If you still Face the Problem , Repair your SolidWorks once .
Thanks for the replies. I did not know it was called the property manager. Searching through the Options for "propertymanager" I found an option called "Auto-size PropertyManager when panels are split." Disabling this option seems to have solved my problem, so far.
I doubt that setting would have an affect on the behavior as that option controls the vertical splitter height (if you split the left hand pane into two pieces). I've looked into it internally and here is the behavior of the width of the PropertyManager when it is not docked in the left hand panel:
- There is one width stored in the Microsoft registry for the "default" width of the PropertyManager when not docked in the left panel.
- When a document is opened, it uses the width stored in the registry.
- If you resize the width of the PropertyManager, it will resize it only for that particular document. So multiple documents open in the same session can have different PropertyManager widths.
- When you close a document, it writes the width of the PropertyManager from that document to the registry. So now the "default" width in the registry has been reset. So, if you open another document in the session, it will use the width of the PropertyManager from the last document that has been closed.
- If you have multiple documents open in a session, each one will write its PropertyManager width to the registry. So the result is that the last document to be closed from the session will dictate what width will be the default for the next session.
If you want an easy way to set the "default", open just one document, resize the PropertyManager to the size you want, and then close the document. It will then be that width for all documents that you open (as long as you don't resize it).
In practice, most users set the width of the PropertyManager to what they desire in a document and don't change the width in different documents so the result is that they don't get the behavior that you are seeing.
I hope this helps,
Same Zach here, new employer, still experiencing this problem. It happens in the modeling window too, not only when drawing. If it was simply a matter of the program remembering the window size from last time I closed SW, then I would not be finding the PropertyManager opens at random sizes. I sure did not set the window to be halfway across the screen! (see pic) I wish SW would fix these interface annoyances before adding more features.
We would certainly fix this if we knew how to reproduce it. This thread is the first we've heard of the behavior and we're not sure what causes it. I've played around trying to reproduce it, but haven't had it happen at all. So, if you encounter a way to reproduce it, please post the information here about what causes it so we can take a look.