3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2015 8:32 PM by Chris B.

    EPDM Could not compute the value of the template variable

    Chris B.

      Hi All

       

      Keep getting this error message:

      Template variable error.png

       

      I thought everything was linked properly.

      I can open the template using administration program, but I have no idea what to change to fix the problem.

       

      Can you see the solution?

      Attaching screenshots of each step I've done:

       

      Template variable error 2.pngTemplate variable error 3.png

      Template variable error 4.png

       

      Here's what I do and the results:

       

      Template variable error 5.png

      Template variable error 6.pngTemplate variable error 7.png

       

      I had this working before, not sure where it's gone wrong.

       

      Thanks,

       

      Chris

        • Re: EPDM Could not compute the value of the template variable
          R. Vignesh

          Hello,

           

          The correct syntax for name of the template variable is 't_SANumber'.

          The Folder name also will be "%t_SANumber%".

           

          Thanks & Regards,

          R.Vignesh

          • Re: EPDM Could not compute the value of the template variable
            Chris B.

            Hi R. Vignesh.  Thanks, but no, that "t_" is not required for syntax.  I have done one test without it and was successful.  Also EPDM Administration Guide says it can be "SANumber" without the t_

            • Re: EPDM Could not compute the value of the template variable
              Chris B.

              Please disregard this post.

              I found the solution.

              I believe it is either a bug or bad programming within the EPDM system.

               

              It appears you can never, ever change a variable name.  Else the entire template is broken and will never be fixed and you won't know why...    You have to delete the template and start all over again, if even one variable changes name.

               

              I created a brand new template, as below:

              Template variable error 8.png

               

              This worked perfectly.

              Then I changed the template variable name "Test SA Number" to "Real SA Number"

              And oh my gosh, it did not like that...

               

              It complains it cannot find "Test SA Number" anymore.

              Well, I didn't want it called that anymore.  That's why I changed it. 

              So please stop looking for it  :)

               

              Template variable error 9.png

               

               

              So then I changed the name "Real SA Number" back to "Test SA Number".  Thinking that might fix it.

              Then it complains it can't find "Real SA Number" anymore...

               

              Template variable error 10.png

               

              Changed the name one more time...

               

              Template variable error 11.png

              ...instead of having to start from scratch again

               

               

               

              Anyway, problem solved.

              Will start from scratch.

               

              Thanks
              Chris