5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2015 10:19 AM by Stevan Karanovich

weldment cut list qty

Stevan Karanovich

Hello all.

Hello all.

I have a incorrect qty showing up in one line of my cut list. There are only 2 items in the model. they are the only items in the model tis length. the cut list shows a qty of 3. Please see attached jpgs. Any help would be appreciated.

Stevan Karanovich

• Re: weldment cut list qty
          Ingvar Magnusson

Stevan,

Here comes any help.

If there were only 2 identical it should only show 2 not 3 that´s for sure.

To me they do not look identical either. They look like one of them is a mirror version of the other one.

The cut list looks updated, otherwise rmc click it in the top and select update.

RMC the on one of the cut list items and select properties. Go through the cut list to see if it makes sense.

ctrl + Q in the drawing might help.

Try making a BOM in the part to see what happens there.

Could also try to delete the BOM in the drawing and make it again.

If you could upload a sample including part and drawing. It would definitely be better to figure this one out.

Which SW version and sp are you running ?

Glenn Schroeder

Ingvar Magnusson wrote:

To me they do not look identical either. They look like one of them is a mirror version of the other one.

Ingvar,

While I agree that they are mirror images, I also believe they're identical and are correctly grouped on the cut list.  Picture one of them rotated 180°.  But I agree that it's going to be hard to figure out what's wrong without the files.

Stevan Karanovich

Running Solidworks premium 2014 sp5. the two up-rights are the same just rotated

Albert Veldhuis

Hi Stevan,

Lookst like something is wrong with the link between drawing and model.

Agree with Ingvar that you should have two, and it should be two different items.

Besides that, if I make drawings with weldment cutlists, the description in the cutlist on the drawing is the same as the name of that cutlist item in my model.

This does not appear to be the case in your drawing.

Like Ingvar says, the easiest way is to delete and re-insert a cutlist into your drawing. That way you make sure the list refers to the view you think it does.

Stevan Karanovich

It was a corruption in the model. I deleted the feature. and replaced it. Thanks for the help.