1 Reply Latest reply on May 28, 2015 10:03 AM by Keith Rice

Saving Settings for a Macro

Chris Iannone

I am always using the "Hide All Types" command when modelling but I don't like how cosmetic threads are grouped in with it.  I was looking into writing a macro that would toggle on and off the visibility of whatever I have shown, leaving the cosmetic threads always shown.  To do this, I need to be able to store information on what is visible or not.  I'm not sure what would be the best way to do this.  I've come across IGet3rdPartyStorageStore but I don't know how I would go about using it.  What would be the easiest way to temporarily store information on what was toggled on and off?

• Re: Saving Settings for a Macro
          Keith Rice

Using third-party storage requires the Document Manager API, which I would not recommend using with models you already have open. Normally the DM API is used with stand-alones.

I would recommend you create an invisible attribute in the FeatureManager tree and store a 1 or a 0 in it depending on the current toggle state. You can learn more about attributes here. If you wanted an even simpler approach, store the 1 or 0 in a custom property.

Keith

SolidWorks API Programming