AnsweredAssumed Answered

EPDM External References Still Linked to Non-Vault Network Location

Question asked by S. Casale on May 27, 2015
Latest reply on Dec 14, 2016 by S. Casale

Preface: I have been using EPDM for a few years and have not encountered this problem before, although I have not migrated a large amount of files either.

File structure:

20     Level 1 folders

1-5    Level 2 sub-folders at most (typically)

1       Level 3 sub folder at most (typically)

Clearly not very complex

The process:

I have tried 3 different efforts to bring files into the vault:

1. Drag each individual top level into the vault, check in. This is not the proper way to migrate
  2. Drag each Level 2 then 1 into the vault, check in top level individually
  3. Drag ALL top levels into the vault, check in all at once, I'm told this is the proper way to do this.

I would like to note: ALL EXTERNAL REFERENCE FILES PATHS HAVE BEEN ADDED TO THE ADMIN TOOL SETTINGS "EXTERNAL REFERENCES DIALOG BOX PRIOR TO CHECKING IN THE FILES. That's 2500 or so folders for the vault.

After Checking in using the 3rd effort, using the EPDM Tools>Update References, (for each file) my file path says everything is in the vault fine,

I then pat myself on the back for the seemingly successful effort.

Opening SolidWorks to verify success with one of our most in-depth assembly drawings. I open this Drawing, without Checking it out, as I am only viewing.

• The drawing populates the data perfectly.

Looking at the EPDM Add-in tab, ALL but the opened drawing and toolbox parts carry the icon which signifies:

"The Local file version is not in the vault or is a private state file."

Selecting the File>Find References, ALL but some random parts, toolbox parts, and the drawing still reference the original network location.

Right now, I'm at a loss. Four Days worth of Migrating in a test environment and none of these seem to work. We have our VAR working on this as well.

Admittedly, we do not have a lot of folders if we were to compare to most other organizations. Any one with insight?

Outcomes