7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2015 8:12 AM by Deepak Gupta

How do I get the split bar in an assembly document to default to the top?

Stephen Cole

I'm having an issue with the split bar in the Manager Pane in an assembly document. It normally defaults to the top of the pane so that when you invoke an edit function it toggles the pane between the Feature Manager tab and the Property Manager tab. I my case the bar defaults to the bottom so that when I invoke an edit function it splits the window and puts the Property Manager down ta the bottom of the pane. Unfortunately this hides most of the edit options and you have to use a slider to hunt around for the option.

I doesn't matter if I use a default assembly template or a custom template with the split bar moved to the top and saved in that position. It still alwasys defaults to the bottom so it is not a file specific problem.

I noticed that SW started doing this after I installed SP3 (SW 2015 on Windows 8.1 Pro).

I know it's not a big deal but I find it inconvenient. When I'm in the heat of battle I don't want to be thinking about SW, I want to be dealing with the design at hand. After all that is the point of CAD, no?

Anyone else have this issue?