7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2015 4:20 AM by AJAY SELVAM

Access to Material Web Portal

LE MI

Hi guys,

Has anybody managed to login the Material Web Portal without a SOLIDWORKS SIM installed?

Right now I have one computer with SIM Pro installed that totally has no internet access. I tried to download materials data from Matereality with a computer that HAS internet connection but NO SOLIDWORKS installed. Then I realized I cant login. Instead of transferring the SIM Pro license to the second computer, is there any easy way to access the material portal using my SIM PRO license? BTW, I am under active subscription service.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,

Mi Le

• Re: Access to Material Web Portal
          Nandish Datti

Good to hear that you are under subscription which is one of the criteria to access the material web portal however the SOLIDWORKS Material library can be accessed provided that you have Simulation standard/ Simulation Professional/ Simulation Premium licenses.

You will find more details here

2015 SOLIDWORKS Help - Access to SOLIDWORKS Materials Web Portal

LE MI

Hi Nandish,

Thank you very much for your fast reply.

I totally understood what you meant. I also browsed through the SOLIDWORKS Help Topic. I understand I need active subscription to access Material Web Portal, but the thing is that the computer with the SIM Pro license does not have internet access. Is there any way that could allow me to use my SIM Pro license to register an account and access the Material Portal without SOLIDWORKS application?

Your help would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Mi Le

Nandish Datti

Hello Mi Le,

All Simulation packages are tightly integrated with SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD platform which means that Simulation recognizes the exact geometry during the meshing process.

The only possibility I think of is, releasing the Simulation Professional license from the machine where it is installed now and activate it on the other machine where you are trying to access the Material library and internet is must to do this.

Also it requires an internet connection to access the SOLIDWORKS Material library.

Regards,

Nandish.

LE MI

Thanks Nandish,

Thanks for your answer. I will let my management be aware of this. The only problem is that doing a license transfer through internet is always a big trouble due to security issues. We will need to go through many paper works and admin works to allow an one-time access to internet. That's way I was asking if there is any alternatives. If really not, then we probably need to figure out a way to apply for some accesses when necessary.

Regards,

Mi Le

AJAY SELVAM

Guys,

For those who search in-context to MATEREALITY through SOLIDWORKS....,

The SOLIDWORKS Materials Web Portal is only accessible to SOLIDWORKS subscription services customers who have a license of SOLIDWORKS Simulation Professional, or a license of SOLIDWORKS Simulation Premium. The SOLIDWORKS Materials Web Portal is not accessible to SOLIDWORKS subscription services customers with a license of SOLIDWORKS Standard, SOLIDWORKS Professional or SOLIDWORKS Premium.

SOLIDWORKS subscription services customers with a license of SOLIDWORKS Simulation Standard have access to the SOLIDWORKS Materials Web Portal but they can only download materials that have properties for linear static and fatigue studies (a limited set of materials relative to the full set of materials provided in the SOLIDWORKS materials web portal).

Dear Nandish,

Good info. Cheers

Dear LE MI,

As of now, access is only through SolidWorks Software and direct login is NOT an option.

For Companies who can afford 950 USD/annum can gain direct access through website.

Cheers,

Ajay SELVAM