AnsweredAssumed Answered

Simulating Corrugated Airfoil

Question asked by Roshan Neupane on May 18, 2015
Latest reply on May 19, 2015 by Roshan Neupane

Hello everyone

I have modeled corrugated airfoil(dragonfly airfoil) under solidworks workbench and now I want to run 2D simulation under solidworks flow simulation. Followng few tutorials and with a help from friend I am able to create basic mesh around the airfoil. With an intent to develop fine mesh around the corrugated area I made a block that envelops the airfoil and tried to create local inital mesh in it but for some reason I am not being able to select the block[extruded part that envelops airfoil].( I have excluded the block using component control option)

local initial mesh problem.JPG

I also tried it other way by selecting each of the faces of block but it keeps getting me this error msg "Component out of computational domain".

I get the feeling its very simple but it has kept me hanging for quite a while now so I need immediate help here.

I would also like to get help on setting computational domain size. Since the flow is within reynolds number of 10000 I have set up domain size to be 6c on back and 5c on top an below and 4c on the front.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Outcomes