1 Reply Latest reply on May 14, 2015 4:02 PM by Glenn Schroeder

Centermarks & lines not coming in the right layer?

Christopher Sudlik

So I have layers set up with a centerline layer that is red etc. In document properties, I have set both centerlines and centermarks to come in on the red centerline layer. However, whenever I add them to a drawing, they come in a different layer (dimensions) for no apparent reason and I have to manually change all of them.

Also, sometimes added things come in the proper layer, but not as the default color for the layer I've set up, so I have to manually select all of them and click the "default" button in the color menu.

Any ideas why this happens or how to fix it?

• Re: Centermarks & lines not coming in the right layer?
          Glenn Schroeder

One possibility for the situation you described is if your Dimension layer is active when you insert the centerlines.  The settings at Tools > Options > Document Properties apply only if the current Layer is set to -Per Standard.  Any other setting will over-ride the Document Property settings and apply the active Layer's properties.

And if "Default" is not selected at one of the options on the Line Format toolbar it will over-ride the settings at Tools > Options > Document Properties and the active Layer.