AnsweredAssumed Answered

SolidWorks Poka-Yoke

Question asked by Josh Kimberlin on May 13, 2015

All,

I'm aware of some of the checking capability that SolidWorks has built into it, but I don't think it has what I'm looking for. When I mate up assemblies, I try to do it like it is being built (one coincident mate for faces, and then concentric mates for all fasteners/dowels). This can be tedious, but I'll be confident that my holes are aligned correctly. I want to be able to make a list of all concentric mates in an assembly, list which components are connected through those mates, and then tell me what features have been mated. I would then look through the list for something like an M6 clearance hole being mated to an M4X0.7 tapped hole. I'd then open one of the details and fix its hole size. I found a macro that is incredibly close to what I want to do, but it doesn't list actual features. I trimmed up what information that it displays and have listed it below:

------------------------------------------------

Concentric379

Component    = 10927-000-D-089-1

Component    = 10927-000-D-092-2

This lists the two details that have been mated together by “Concentric379” mate, but does not tell me the features that are mated. I’d like to see something more like:

Concentric379

Component    = 10927-000-D-089-1

CBORE for M6 SHCS1 of 10927-000-D-089<1>

Component    = 10927-000-D-092-2

M6X1.0  TappedHole1 of 10927-000-D-092<2>

I can get this information by hovering over the feature in the graphics window (see attached), but how could I call it in VBA? Can SolidWorks already do this? I've attached the macro in a text file. Thanks in advance!

Josh Kimberlin

Outcomes