14 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2017 2:13 PM by Sebastian Soyke

Is there a sql query, that list all files, which belong to selected EPDM categorise?

Sebastian Soyke

Is there a SQL query, that list all files, which belong to selected EPDM categorise?

i would like to list all documents that belong to 3 different categories. Also with The documents, to list workflow state, and some variables such description, doc number, project no, Etc.

i don't have any experience with SQL.

Cheers.

• Re: Is there a sql query, that list all files, which belong to selected EPDM categorise?
          Charley Saint

Hey Sebastian,

Took what I posted earlier and added to it, you'll have to copy/paste lines 7-9 for each variable you want to add, and add the variable to the select list in line 5

with maxvars as   
          (select documentid, MAX(RevisionNo) RevisionNo, configurationid, variableid   
          from VariableValue group by DocumentID, ConfigurationID, VariableID)  

select d.filename, dt.TypeName, vv.ValueText as [Description] from Documents d   
          inner join VariableValue vv on vv.DocumentID = d.DocumentID  
          inner join maxvars mv on mv.DocumentID = vv.DocumentID and mv.ConfigurationID = vv.ConfigurationID  
          and mv.RevisionNo = vv.RevisionNo and mv.VariableID = vv.VariableID  
          inner join variable v on v.variableid = vv.variableid and v.VariableName = 'Description'
          inner join DocType dt on d.DocTypeID = dt.DocTypeID
          inner join status s on s.statusid = d.currentstatusid
          where d.deleted = 0

• Re: Is there a sql query, that list all files, which belong to selected EPDM categorise?
              Sebastian Soyke

Hey Charley,

I thought I've got it but my code don't work. Tried different variations and have an error. below is my latest query.

with maxvars as    

select va.ValueText as [Project No.], vb.ValueText as [Customer], d.filename, dt.TypeName from Documents d
              inner join VariableValue va on va.DocumentID = d.DocumentID   

inner join maxvars mv on mv.DocumentID = va.DocumentID and mv.ConfigurationID = va.ConfigurationID   
              and mv.RevisionNo = va.RevisionNo and mv.VariableID = va.VariableID   
              inner join variable v on v.variableid = va.variableid and v.VariableName = 'Sales Order No' 

inner join maxvars mv on mv.DocumentID = vb.DocumentID and mv.ConfigurationID = vb.ConfigurationID   
              and mv.RevisionNo = vb.RevisionNo and mv.VariableID = vb.VariableID   
              inner join variable v on v.variableid = vb.variableid and v.VariableName = 'Customer' 

where d.deleted = 0 

Charley Saint

Hey,

Close, but you have to give each copy a unique name, it's failing because there are 2 mv's, etc. I also should have said line 6-9 instead of 7-9, my mistake:

with maxvars as     

select va.ValueText as [Project No.], vb.ValueText as [Customer], d.filename, dt.TypeName as [Category], s.Name as [State]
                  from Documents d

inner join maxvars mv on mv.DocumentID = va.DocumentID and mv.ConfigurationID = va.ConfigurationID    
                  inner join variable v on v.variableid = va.variableid and v.VariableName = 'Sales Order No' 

inner join VariableValue vb on vb.DocumentID = d.DocumentID  
                  inner join maxvars mv1 on mv1.DocumentID = vb.DocumentID and mv1.ConfigurationID = vb.ConfigurationID    
                  and mv1.RevisionNo = vb.RevisionNo and mv1.VariableID = vb.VariableID    
                  inner join variable v1 on v1.variableid = vb.variableid and v1.VariableName = 'Customer' 

where d.deleted = 0 

Sebastian Soyke

Hey Charley,

I noticed that when I add more than 5 columns the server is unresponsive. Is there a way around it? Because I would like the table to have around 13 columns. Also is there a way to restrict the search results to only show documents with dt.TypeName as [Category] called "Procedure" or "Certificate". At the moment I don't know how to restrict the search, so all categories of docs are listed.

with maxvars as      

select va.ValueText as [Project No.], vb.ValueText as [Customer], vc.ValueText as [VDRL Document No.], vd.ValueText as [Document Title],

d.filename, dt.TypeName as [Category], s.Name as [State] 

from Documents d 

inner join VariableValue vb on vb.DocumentID = d.DocumentID   

inner join maxvars mv1 on mv1.DocumentID = vb.DocumentID and mv1.ConfigurationID = vb.ConfigurationID     

and mv1.RevisionNo = vb.RevisionNo and mv1.VariableID = vb.VariableID     

inner join variable v1 on v1.variableid = vb.variableid and v1.VariableName = 'Customer'  

inner join VariableValue vc on vc.DocumentID = d.DocumentID   

inner join maxvars mv2 on mv2.DocumentID = vc.DocumentID and mv2.ConfigurationID = vc.ConfigurationID     

and mv2.RevisionNo = vc.RevisionNo and mv2.VariableID = vc.VariableID     

inner join variable v2 on v2.variableid = vc.variableid and v2.VariableName = 'Doc Number'  

inner join VariableValue vd on vd.DocumentID = d.DocumentID   

inner join maxvars mv3 on mv3.DocumentID = vd.DocumentID and mv3.ConfigurationID = vd.ConfigurationID     

and mv3.RevisionNo = vd.RevisionNo and mv3.VariableID = vd.VariableID     

inner join variable v3 on v3.variableid = vd.variableid and v3.VariableName = 'Document Description'  

where d.deleted = 0

Charley Saint

Hey Sebastian,

You'll have to break into a bit more complicated SQL to make it run with that many columns, namely pivot tables.

with maxvars as      

select d.filename, dt.TypeName as [Category], s.Name as [State],
                          [Document Description], [Doc Number], [Sales Order No], [Customer]
                          from Documents d  
                          inner join
                          (SELECT vv.DocumentID, vv.ConfigurationID, VariableName, ValueText
                              FROM VariableValue vv
                              inner join Variable v on vv.VariableID = v.VariableID
                              inner join maxvars mv on vv.DocumentID = mv.DocumentID and mv.ConfigurationID = vv.ConfigurationID
                            and mv.VariableID = vv.VariableID and mv.RevisionNo = vv.RevisionNo
                              ) AS SourceTable

PIVOT
                          (
                          MAX(ValueText)
                          FOR VariableName IN ([Document Description], [Doc Number], [Sales Order No], [Customer])
                          ) AS PivotTable on PivotTable.DocumentID = d.DocumentID
                          where d.deleted = 0
                          and (dt.TypeName = 'Procedure' or dt.TypeName = 'Certificate')

Sebastian Soyke

Dear All,

2 years ago Charley Saint, did build the Query for me. I have been using is since for many different variables and documents in the EPDM vault. However, I would like to add a line to look only for files in specified locations.

I did insert the line 25, but it does not work.

1. with maxvars as      
                    2. (select documentid, MAX(RevisionNo) RevisionNo, configurationid, variableid      
                    3. from VariableValue group by DocumentID, ConfigurationID, VariableID)     
                    4. select d.filename, dt.TypeName as [Category], s.Name as [State],
                    5. [Document Description], [Doc Number], [Sales Order No], [Customer]
                    6. from Documents d  
                    7. inner join DocType dt on d.DocTypeID = dt.DocTypeID   
                    8. inner join status s on s.statusid = d.currentstatusid  
                    9. inner join
                    10. (SELECT vv.DocumentID, vv.ConfigurationID, VariableName, ValueText
                    11.     FROM VariableValue vv
                    12.     inner join Variable v on vv.VariableID = v.VariableID
                    13.     inner join maxvars mv on vv.DocumentID = mv.DocumentID and mv.ConfigurationID = vv.ConfigurationID
                    14.   and mv.VariableID = vv.VariableID and mv.RevisionNo = vv.RevisionNo
                    15.     ) AS SourceTable
                    17. PIVOT
                    18. (
                    19. MAX(ValueText)
                    20. FOR VariableName IN ([Document Description], [Doc Number], [Sales Order No], [Customer])
                    21. ) AS PivotTable on PivotTable.DocumentID = d.DocumentID
                    22. where d.deleted = 0
                    23. and d.filename= (SELECT d.filename FROM Documents d WHERE Path '\EPDMVault\Projects\Current\')
                    24. and (dt.TypeName = 'Procedure' or dt.TypeName = 'Certificate')
                        Charley Saint

Hey Sebastian,

So close, just move it above the pivot:

--edit, had to move a few other things around

with maxvars as      

select * from 
                        (select d.filename, p.path, dt.TypeName as [Category], s.Name as [State],
                        [Document Description], [Doc Number], [Sales Order No], [Customer]
                        from Documents d
                        inner join DocumentsInProjects dp on d.DocumentID = dp.DocumentID
                        inner join projects p on p.ProjectID = dp.ProjectID  
                        inner join
                            FROM VariableValue vv
                            inner join maxvars mv on vv.DocumentID = mv.DocumentID and mv.ConfigurationID = vv.ConfigurationID
                            ) AS SourceTable 

PIVOT
                        (
                        MAX(ValueText)
                        FOR VariableName IN ([Document Description], [Doc Number], [Sales Order No], [Customer])
                        where d.Deleted = 0
                        ) a
                        where Path = '\EPDMVault\Projects\Current\'
                        and (Category = 'Procedure' or Category = 'Certificate')

Sebastian Soyke

Thank you, Charley Saint .  I tried my best to sort the code but unfortunately, as I am not a programmer I have to learn the hard way and to troubleshoot and ask for help .

For some reason, the code is still not right. The syntax is ok, I assume as I have no errors, but I don't have any results. I tried many different variations, for example, I started with the "Path", and now I just left it as "p.path".

Would the issue be related to the formatting of the file path? Would I need a wildcard or something like that?

with maxvars as

select [Sales Order No], [Customer], [Doc Number], [Document Description],

[Priority], [Document Surce], [Revision] as [Rev.], s.Name as [State],  [Submittal Date],

[Returned Date], [Approval Dedline Date] as [Dedline for approval], [Shopfloor Document Pack] as [Doc.pack], [Lead Engineer], [Sales Person], [Document Type VDRL] as [Doc. Type],

dt.TypeName as [Document Category], [Comment] as [Comments], d.filename, [Submittal Due Date], [Return Due Date], p.path

from Documents d

inner join DocumentsInProjects dp on d.DocumentID = dp.DocumentID 

inner join projects p on p.ProjectID = dp.ProjectID   

inner join

FROM VariableValue vv

) AS SourceTable

PIVOT

(

MAX(ValueText)

FOR VariableName IN ([Document Description], [Doc Number], [Sales Order No], [Customer], [Priority], [Document Surce], [Revision], [Submittal Due Date],

[Submittal Date], [Return Due Date],  [Returned Date], [Lead Engineer], [Sales Person], [Approval Dedline Date],

[Document Type VDRL],[Shopfloor Document Pack], [Comment] )

where d.deleted = 0

and p.Path = '\Projects\Current' 

and (dt.TypeName = 'VDRL Document' or dt.TypeName = 'Project Procedure' or dt.TypeName = 'Project Certificate')