AnsweredAssumed Answered

flat pattern for rolled/bent pipe with coped/mitered ends

Question asked by Justin Lee on May 13, 2015
Latest reply on May 13, 2015 by Justin Lee

A while back I saw a youtube video detailing new SW2015 features to make a flat pattern print out for a bent/rolled tube with miter cuts.  For the life of me, i cannot find that video again.

There is lots of info out there about making flat patterns for straight tubes with mitered/coped ends, but the video I recall seeing used some new meshing/flattening feature for compound curved surfaces.

Not sure how better to explain the situation, but here is a screenshot of the tubes i need flat patterns for.  Two tubes, coming in from the bottom, are straight, and those will be easy to make flat patterns for -- this is well documented.

The third coped tube (highlighted), is 1.5" sch 40 rolled pipe with an 8" CLR.   I need to make flat patterns for this pipe, and others like it.  I know this can be done in sw2015, i just cant relocate the info i had seen earlier this year covering this topic.

Can someone point me at whatever the flatten mesh feature is or maybe the youtube video covering these steps?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

Outcomes