4 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2015 11:54 AM by Jamil Snead

Section view outline?

Christopher Sudlik

How do you make the line outlining a section view in that view? It looks too much like a feature line and I'd like to make it invisible for style purposes.

• Re: Section view outline?
          Glenn Schroeder

Can you explain more about what you mean by "the line outlining a section view"?  Maybe a screenshot?

Christopher Sudlik

The border, outline, I don't know how much more clear it can be. You have a detail view, it has a line around it defining its extent. But that line is always circular so in circular parts it looks like a feature.

I found a crappy way to make it invisible involving line styles, but it isn't exactly ideal

Glenn Schroeder

Go back and read your original post and the Discussion title.  You said section view, not detail view.  That's why it wasn't clear.  I don't know of a way to hide it, but I'll do some checking.

Jamil Snead

You original post mentioned a section view, which does not have an outline. That is probably why Glenn asked for clarification. But if you are talking about a detail view then if you select the view there is a checkbox option to toggle whether the outline is shown all around or only where it cuts through the part.

detail.PNG

Also in the drawing document properties you can set the line font/thickness for the detail circle on the parent view and the border in the detail view. If you don't want a border shown even where it cuts through the part then you might have to make a custom line style that is nearly invisible, like A,.0001,-100.