AnsweredAssumed Answered

SubAssembly Configuration

Question asked by Habib Ghalamkari on May 8, 2015
Latest reply on May 9, 2015 by Habib Ghalamkari

It seems that after several years of using Solidworks, still I need some advice on assembly configuration.

I need an assembly with several configuration. Later this assembly will be used as a sub assembly with different configurations in another assembly.

I've tried 2 methods and I'm facing some troubles.

First Method I used:(test1.SLDASM  & Assem1.SLDASM)

I created the assembly and added several global variables, added two configuration and changed the variables for each configuration.

Result : The assembly works perfectly and all configurations show as they're supposed to (when opened as a stand alone assembly)

Problem: When two instances of this assembly is used in another assembly, I can't have separate configurations for each instance.

I have to keep the same configuration for all instances.

Second Method I used:(test2.SLDASM  & Assem2.SLDASM)

I created the assembly and added several global variables, added a design table and configured global variables in the design table.

Result : The assembly works perfectly and all configurations show as they're supposed to (when opened as a stand alone assembly)

Problem: When two instances of this assembly is used in another assembly, changing the configuration of one instance, changes the configuration of all instances.

How can I use this  assemblies as a sub-assembly with different configurations?

Any kind of help/advice is much appreciated.

Attachments

Outcomes