Technical Associate, Engineering Team
You are a maker, a doer, a thinker, a fixer.
At Synthego, we are continuously developing novel instruments, tools, and automation systems. At the same time, we're assembling a team of immensely motivated and talented individuals to help realize these devices.
As a member of this team, you will be responsible for the creation (assembly), upkeep, and testing of world-class instrumentation. You will design & implement infrastructure and feed forward modifications that work in concert to fix problems for the last time.
Join us. Together, we can enable the next generation of laboratory automation.
Things You Could Be Working On
- Working closely with our design and automation engineers to assemble, test, and commission new cutting-edge hardware.
- Design and implement robust test fixtures and protocols.
- Improve assembly procedures, feeding back design improvements you see fit.
- Provide support to our automated manufacturing pipelines.
- Are looking for an energetic startup environment.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree or higher in a hard engineering discipline.
- Are very hands-on, and keen to solve problems as they arise.
- Work well in a collaborative, team environment.
- Experience with robotics and automation.
- Ability to code in Python or a similar high-level language.
- Prototyping / shop / CNC experience.
- Wet-lab / chemistry coursework or experience.
- Good dexterity and coordination is a plus.
- Join at the early stages of a world-changing project and company.
- Work on cutting-edge, interesting, and challenging problems.
- Exceptionally talented, cross-disciplinary co-workers.
- Generous equity at an early stage of the company.
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
- Vacation when you need it, on your terms.
- Tax-Free reimbursement for medical insurance.
- Plenty of healthy food / meals.
Apply here ENG - Technical Associate at Synthego
Rapid prototyping, CAD, CAM, CNC (Haas), DFM, automation, robotics, systems integration, SolidWorks, robotics, instrumentation, mechatronics, Python, control systems, mechanical design, soldering, analog electronics, digital electronics, Finite Element Analysis, mechanical engineering, manufacturing, assembly, test fixtures
Synthego is developing the technology to build fully automated research facilities that let biological research be performed remotely entirely through software. This combination of automation and software control allows scientists to complete millions of experiments a day and share fully-repeatable protocols.
Compared to computer science, biological research methods have seen much less innovation over the past 100 years. Researchers continue to perform experiments manually using pipettes and simple instrumentation. Basic, repetitive tasks require large numbers of lab assistants or technicians and take valuable time away from the design of experiments and analysis of data. Even simple methods are difficult to perform perfectly - recent studies suggest that perhaps only 10% of published papers are reproducible.
At Synthego we are changing that. Our team of engineers, developers, and scientists is building the software and hardware infrastructure that allows research to be done in a new way: quickly, cheaply, reproducibly, in parallel, and fully automated.
Imagine a single scientist completing millions of software-driven, fully-repeatable experiments a day. Imagine globally reusable protocols and pooled results. This changes the way research is done.