I am moving my EPDM 2014 to a new server running EPDM 2015. I know how to copy and restore the SQL database and archive files.
However, I am confused about server names and making sure everything works when I turn the new one on.
- New server is named ABCOEPDM1, old server is ABCOEPDM
- New server has Windows Server 2012 installed, SLQ Server 2014, and EPDM 2015 SP2.1
My plan is:
- Lock out the old server.
- Make SQL backup
- Copy SLQ backup to new server
- Copy Archives over to new server in a TEMP folder
- Shutdown old server
- Rename ABCOEPDM1 to ABCOEPDM
- Set the IP and MAC address of new server to old server
By having already installed EPDM2015 on ABCOEPDM1, will I have any issues? I would assume to delete all the databases in SQL as they would point ot ABCOEPDM1? Will SQL Server 2014 realize the name change?