AnsweredAssumed Answered

Mate reference to square weldments?

Question asked by Alex Buchanan on Apr 30, 2015
Latest reply on Apr 30, 2015 by Alex Buchanan

Our company designs custom benches. When designing the frames in Solidworks we use the weldments feature with a square tube profile. We then have a nylon inserts that go into the bottom of these weldments as feet. I have been trying to use mate references on the feet part to make it easier for me to insert these, so I can just drag and drop the foot onto the bottom face of the leg. However I can't figure out a mate combination that works, and every tutorial I have come across seems to need a concentric mate. Any help you can offer would be appreciated.


bench.pngweldment end.pngfoot.png